Corporate Sales Manager
Responsible for proactive corporate and Further Education College customer acquisition and new business development for new and existing products suited to the corporate market.
Reports to: Head of Commercial & Business Development, Knowledge Services
Accountable to: Heads of Academic and Practitioner Publishing
Hours: 35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the post
Location: Michael Faraday House, Six Hills, Way, Stevenage OR IET Savoy Place, London
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for proactive sales management of KS products: IET Academy, ES+, Inspec targeted at the corporate sector. Also upselling and sales negotiations for all suitable KS product to corporate customers.
- Prospecting and presentation of sales proposals and contract renewals in an approved format.
- Deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations to prospects.
- Assist in developing appropriate marketing and sales collateral for the given territory in co-ordination with marketing colleagues.
- Provide Head of Sales EMEA’ key stakeholders and senior management with market and competitor feedback, prospects, sales reports, revenue forecasting data and other related sales data regularly as required.
- To be responsible for effectively attaining all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as defined by the management team.
- To maintain detailed accounts of all prospect and customer interactions and record information as directed in specified CRM system; to demonstrate effective utilisation of all appropriate systems for information capture and sales pipeline reporting.
- Responsibility for arranging domestic & international travel where required to carry out the requirements of the job role, monitoring expenditure within departmental budgetary guidelines and approval of the department manager. Including tradeshow/exhibit attendance and customer visits.
- To represent the IET professionally in all customer and vendor interactions.
- Sales experience of high-value digital information products and services within corporate markets
- Self-motivation to individually generate new business with prospects
- Exceptional communication, presentation, written and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional relationship building and customer rapport skills
- Desire to work as a member of a success-oriented team.
- Confidence to present to senior management.
- Methodical approach combined with creativity, determination and persistence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise effectively and manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Highly numerate
- Flexibility and ability to travel as needed in the territory
- Information science or science/engineering degree or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge Engineering content products
- Knowledge or experience selling competitor products.