Community Marketing Coordinator
To support Community and Sector activities by implementing marketing communications campaigns to raise brand awareness and increase engagement with engineers, technicians and volunteers as well as support the Marketing Manager and the department in other relevant activities.
Reports to: Community Online Manager
Accountable to: Manager / Director with overall accountability
Hours: 35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the post
Location: Michael Faraday House, Stevenage
To support Community and Sector activities by implementing marketing communications campaigns to raise brand awareness and increase engagement with engineers, technicians and volunteers as well as support the Marketing Manager and the department in other relevant activities. In addition, this role will be part of the core services team available to provide guidance and general support to community members and volunteers, acting as first point of contact for incoming queries.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (Not necessarily in priority order)
- Provide guidance, advice & general support to community members and volunteers in creating, developing and managing marketing campaigns;
- Support the volunteers to create their own marketing material - train volunteers to use online marketing tools & kits, support them with programme booklets;
- Support the volunteers to use the VAD and Adestra to analyse data and create their own communications;
- Support the execution of marketing campaigns for all community and sector activities ensuring that these are planned, implemented and measured utilising multiple communication channels (advertising, email, social media, SEO, direct mail);
- Ensure that all campaign and marketing literature complies with IET brand guidelines and is of a high quality;
- In liaison with the Marketing Managers and Communications Manager, contribute to and write copy for marketing collateral;
- General marketing and promotion of community events via list servers, banners, social media channels;
- Coordinate the design, delivery and shipping of exhibition / conference marketing material (banner stands, flyers, other relevant marketing literature) and attend as community ambassador where appropriate;
- Coordinate and deliver marketing requirements from partnership and sponsorship agreements e.g. contra deals/ technical co-sponsorship;
- To manage and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and other organisations as required, eg: designers, printers, exhibition contractors etc;
- Comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties;
- Work closely with the communities Marketing Managers and Communities team on delivering the outcomes for the department’s activities;
- Provide guidance and general administration support to Community Relationship Managers (CRM), Sector Heads and the wider team when necessary;
- Direct queries to other members of the team / IET business units, as appropriate;
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the line manager;
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
- Minimum qualifications to A’ Level or equivalent;
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and IET Members;
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure to deadlines;
- Excellent command of written English with attention to detail;
- Good customer service awareness and knowledge;
- Understanding of marketing concepts and digital marketing;
- Conscientious attitude with the ability to act on own initiative and problem solve, with proven pro-active attitude and enthusiasm;
- High level of IT literacy.
- An interest in engineering/ technology/ business, including knowledge of the current commercial/industrial world;
- Experience of using HTML.