Administrative Support Assistant (Fixed Term for 7 Months)
Administrative Assistant for Registration and Standards Support Unit with responsibility for providing general administrative support.
Reports to: Manager, Registration & Standards Support Unit (RSSU)
Accountable to: Manager of Registration & Standards
Hours: 35 hours, excluding lunch breaks
Salary/Band: Band A
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To arrange Professional Registration Workshops for the RSSU;
- To deal with general correspondence and telephone enquiries;
- To use Darwin Database to search for applicants, access information and update application details as required;
- To provide financial support in the handling of expenses;
- To be responsible for recording and processing performance statistics as required;
- To assist in the preparation of training days for volunteers;
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the line manager;
- To be familiar with the Health, Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing;
- Good numeracy skills;
- Good IT skills including Microsoft mail merge;
- Confident customer service skills;
- Accurate data entry skills;
- Proactive team member with the ability to learn work of the team and understand its impact on other teams;
- Able to prioritise own workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Conscientious attitude with the ability to act on own initiate and make decisions.
- Relevant experience is not essential;
- 40+ word per minute typing skills.