Academic accreditation manager
The Academic Accreditation Manager organises the accreditation of 1000 programmes at over 90 Universities both in the UK and internationally.
The Academic Accreditation Manager organises the accreditation of 1000 programmes at over 90 Universities both in the UK and internationally. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of a series of visits that deliver this programme with appropriately trained assessors and fit for purposes procedures. You will also be responsible for the decision making process and policy discussions that are facilitated through committee meetings, working parties and online forums. You will be liaising with senior engineers and using your powers of communication, negotiation and diplomacy to deliver complex and sometimes difficult information to Universities in a constructive manner. You will ensure that other accreditation staff are equipped with the tools and skills to support the service alongside you.
35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the post.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To be the main expert on academic accreditation within the IET;
- To develop relationships with the major players in the UK academic community and organise a programme of visits;
- To ensure that each of them receives appropriate guidance and advice;
- To develop relationships with selected international universities and occasionally undertake international travel;
- To manage a small team;
- To build strong relationships with well respected and senior academics and engineers from industry who are involved in the accreditation process;
- To undertake visits;
- To manage the process which leads to accreditation decisions either via committee meetings or online working;
- To develop and operate systems to report on the progress and the results of the activity;
- To provide executive support and advice to the Programme Accreditation Manager;
- To ensure the Department is compliant with Internal Audit requirements;
- To recruit, train and support the approximately 80 academics and representatives from Industry involved in academic accreditation business;
- To organise training events and conferences for them as required;
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the line manager;
- To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties;
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent;
- Experience of managing complex administrative procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly oral and written communication skills;
- Experience of report writing;
- Ability to drive projects forward and meet deadlines;
- Ability to use word processors, spreadsheets, electronic databases and other relevant developments in information technology;
- Good team-working skills.
- Experience in the UK Higher Education sector;
- Experience of Accreditation or Quality Assurance procedures;
- Experience of working in Engineering or Technology;
- Supervisory experience.