Increase font size
Topic Title: electrical hnc
Topic Summary:
Created On: 24 June 2012 11:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 June 2012 11:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

cwspark

hey all! im 25 and have been an electrician for 3 years. I have passed city and guilds 2330 and nvq 3 in electrical installation., but im hoping to leave the commercial side of electrics which im in at the moment and hopefully get a job in the national grid, but obviously realise its a different field than im used to. Im looking to do a HNC in an electrical field but have a few issues, firstly i dont know which one would be most useful for me to go into, and secondly i work away a lot and my only option would be to do it through open university and distance learning, but im worried on how this would look for employers? Are these qualifications frowned upon or are they recognised higer in the elctrical industry? if someone could please give me some advice i would really appreciate it because im at a total loss at the moment. thank you.
 24 June 2012 02:01 PM

westonpa

Try to decide what type of work you want to do in then future and then go with a HNC which fits with that. HNC's are well known and respected by employers. If you study while working they will respect that also, because it shows committment. Take a look at http://www.tees.ac.uk/schools/sse/tuol/ and have a chat with them for further advice.

Regards.
 25 June 2012 06:35 AM

cwspark

thanks for that link westonpa, just been on that site and they seem to have a really good range of qualifications available. im thinking substations or linesman at the moment but i know how difficult it is to get into such a place so i wont get my hopes up.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.