Increase font size
Topic Title: Annual Review
Topic Summary:
Created On: 20 November 2012 02:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 20 November 2012 02:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

manadasor

As a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, I recently received with the notice of the AGM an booklet "Summary Annual Review 2011 - 12".

In the booklet there were Forwords from the CIPD President and CEO, followed by short articles giving an insight into the spread of CIPD worldwide and how through sharing good practice there is the opportunity to influence business performance, engage with policy makers and news of developing initiatives. The series of short articles is rounded off on how CIPD is continuing to develop and an insight into the people who make up the membership and the Institutes Governance structure. Completing the booklet is a summarised financial statement for the 12 month period covered by this Annual Review.

Reading through the booklet I am able form a favourable impression of what CIPD has achieved and the direction in which the Institute is heading.

While aware that Council makes an report at the IET's AGM, I am not aware of where in the IET similar information is readily available. While the costs do not justify providing a similar booklet for every member it surely should be possible to create an online version.
 20 November 2012 03:15 PM

afwilson

The IET publishes similar information in its Annual Reports, which are available on the IET website. The similarity of content is probably because of the Charity Commission's guidance about what should be included in such reports.

-------------------------
Andrew F Wilson
IET Governance & Legal Affairs
 21 November 2012 01:26 PM

manadasor

Could this be a case of lack of visibility?
 30 November 2012 10:40 AM

rhysphillips

It's pretty visible. From homepage, you only have to look under 'About the IET' to see a link saying "Vision, mission & values".
 05 December 2012 10:36 PM

manadasor

I would have thought mention on the home page would be the more appropriate than having to work down the layers. Bit like stipping down an onion!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.