IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Robots designing and advanced programing
Topic Summary: Can a robot be made with full feature resembling and working as a human??
Created On: 20 March 2013 02:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 20 March 2013 02:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

FrankRicharrd

Friends, can a robot be made with full feature of human physically.??
so that the robot can be implemented in any sort of works like working inside the nuclear power station and also in many difficult areas where poor human beings suffers daily. Just think, We engineers can make this world even more comfort for humans.
 07 June 2013 01:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

kengreen

Hi Frank,

Just spotted this one. A long time favourite of mine.

Of course, this is only my opinion but, while it is great fun in fantasy and Sci-Fi land to build human-like Robots, I don't believe it is at all possible until we unravel the mysteries of how Brains work. There is a lot of impressive work going on at present but I believe they are all barking up many many wrong trees. Man insists that the world works in anthropomorphic mode (man-like) bu that has to be wrong.

Brains of all kinds were keeping the wheels turning long before we were even thought of. They worked out, by trial and error, how to create and control complex servo systems and so they must have stored incoming info (eyes, ears, touch, smell, pain) not as words (as do we) but as patterns. I think there is little doubt but thqt the Brain creates 3-D patterns and those patterns still underlie our conversational patterns... over to you ...

Ken Green
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.