Increase font size
Topic Title: A focal point for Design Verification Engineers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10 January 2012 07:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 January 2012 07:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

yrrabdraw

I am looking for some advice, within my field of engineering I am involved with verifying designs/products through simulating their operating environments. I am current a member of the Society of Environmental Engineers (SEE) and a member of the IET. To cut a long story short, the SEE used to be the forum for engineers in my field to work together/ discuss vibration/climatic/mechanical shock/EMC and many more simulated environmental conditions. Currently the SEE has lost its' way and seems to be focusing on the environmental conditions (polution, water quality, etc). Does the IET have such a group within their communities that covers these areas?

Having been in Design Verification field for 20years+, I am looking for a forum (either by committee or on this web forum) to chat with like minded engineers in this ever changing environment. Are there any of you out there?
 23 January 2012 12:31 PM

marshall1975

HI i found you post interesting, recently appointed to position of Compliance engineer, but was looking to find a forum for this sort of conversation. help me find my feet so to speak?
 24 January 2012 09:52 PM

yrrabdraw

My plea seems to be going onto deaf ears at the moment. Even the suppliers of test equipment don't know where we can find a home for a forum. Come on IET, an oppertunity to bring these lost engineers under one umbrella.
 27 January 2012 09:39 AM

marshall1975

i like the idea of that.. im still trying to find some supportive advice concerning the food directive for beverage pumps
 27 January 2012 10:33 AM

Avatar for dougflorence                                      .
dougflorence

Slightly off topic but I can't work out how to PM marshall1975 on this new forum layout :-(

EU Food Directive? Beverage pumps may fall within the scope of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC for both safety and hygiene requirements. Contact me if you want to discuss further.
 30 January 2012 11:52 AM

marshall1975

Hi Doug,
Im interested in what you have to say...regarding the EU directive for beverage pumps falling under the Machinery Directive.
My email is

Louis_marshall@hotmail.co.uk
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.