IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: fluctuation in primary voltage of electrostatic dehydrator power transformer
Topic Summary:
Created On: 22 December 2012 06:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 22 December 2012 06:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rskad

Can any one tell me the reason for fluctuation in primary voltage of a 440V /20KV dehydrator transformer. voltage is varying from 60 to 92 continuously. is it normal ?? we have two transformers in the vessel and one is showing almost constant voltage ( 90 to 94 V ).
 22 January 2013 10:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Amclaussen

Hi there, I don't know if I understand correctly your situation: if your transformer primary (input) is 440 V, and your transformer secondary is 20,000 V, then, you must be referring to CURRENT in amperes, not voltage...

Then, if one transformer (or more correctly) one field of the electrostatic grid has its current varying, it is most probable that you are handling a crude type that has high conductivity, or that some zones inside the dehydrator have conductive emulsion accumulating, that is draining the electric charge from the electrodes.

Another possibility, is that the electrical insulators in the circuit of the affected transformer are failing and need to be replaced. conductive emulsion can "bridge" those insulators, sometimes called "bushings" and affect their insulation, so that the voltage colapses and the amperage raises above the desired value.
Amclaussen, Mexico City.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.