Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Employment options with Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
Topic Summary: job
Created On: 02 June 2011 10:09 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02 June 2011 10:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 3
Joined: 05 May 2011


I am Bulgarian/British citizen. I graduated in Bulgaria 2001- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and Electrical Power Engineering. I worked in the field in Bulgaria for a year and I decided to leave for the UK seeking better professional progression. I've got a certificate from UKNARIC/ UK national academic recognition information centre/ confirming that my Master's degree is comparable to British Master's degree in electrical Engineering. After I tried to find a job as an electrical engineer I realized that in order for me to perform my duties i needed better level of speaking and writing English. That's why I decided to become an electrician.
For the last 7 years I've been working as an electrician in the UK. I've done 16 and 17th editions, 2391 Inspection and testing and other electrical courses.
Now after all time I'd like to go back to Electrical Engineering. I keep receiving many calls from employers, but the main problem i am facing is the lack of enough experience.
I would appreciate any possible advice or idea with regards to my next step finding a job as an electrical engineer.


 25 June 2012 12:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 1
Joined: 25 June 2012

Hi DGDimov,

I am with almost the same situation as you are and I was wondering what are the chances for better realisation in UK.
I will be very glad if you can share some of your experience of looking for electrical engineering job.

Edited: 25 June 2012 at 05:33 PM by viktoris
 19 July 2012 05:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 6
Joined: 02 July 2003

Hi DGDimov,

You have a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering accredited by the relevant UK Body, and with your hands-on experience on the later IEE Wiring Regulations, and therefore, you need to find a suitable electrical engineering job that builds on your previous experience. Perhaps check-out the manufacturing sector such as cable manufacturers, national standards body, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry


See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.