Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: police cctv cameras on outside of buildings long runs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 27 May 2010 08:32 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 27 May 2010 08:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 126
Joined: 28 October 2008

does anyone know what is required in terms for the cable which feeds the cameras? eg is it of the coax type or is it cat 5 or fibre optic. How would the camera get it's power?

the reason i ask is that there was a camera on our building with one cable running to it. We've just found out the cable was damaged so it did not work - now the installers have run another cable, they say its an add on to increase the teleconectivity of the existing cable - i dont believe them. They did not have permission to run the new cable across the building either - i think they have just turned up - cable tied the new cable to the old defunct one and buggered off
 31 October 2012 04:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 2
Joined: 31 October 2012

MOst of them are Fiber Optic because they are resistable...

[url=Link removed/]security cameras[/url] | [url=Link removed/cctvblog/]what is cctv security[/url]
 01 November 2012 12:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 109
Joined: 25 April 2006

You can run coaxial cable with power being fed up the centre conductor using a Bias T. Distance is limited, mind you with the quality of CCTV it doesnt really matter.

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.