Increase font size
Topic Title: TV Reception
Topic Summary:
Created On: 18 February 2010 12:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 February 2010 12:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

kalookicedogs

I live in a small valley. There is a TV transmitter around 2 miles away. Reception from this is not possible due to my location in the valley.

If I install one aerial at the top of my drive (100 meters) pointing at the transmitter, connected to another pointing at my house and install a third aerial at my house house, will the signal be relayed down to me?

Thanks, Mitch

-------------------------
My ex wife was an amazing house keeper. Problem is I never got the damn thing back.
 18 February 2010 04:48 PM

haguetim

Mitch, no I doubt very much that this will work, the signal levels will be to low, The best route to go would be to get a `Freesat' system, or a second hand sky box and dish of e bay and use the free channels, besides if our glorious government have their way your analogue transmitter will be switched off shortly.
 19 February 2010 12:54 PM

kalookicedogs

Thanks for the replies and for you PM Gordon.
My field is power generation and electrical installation, so please excuse my lack of knowledge on this.

We had some internal training this week on our UHF radio network. The presenter began talking about passive repeaters and their use in no coverage areas. This promted me to ask him about my situation and he suggested the scenario in the OP would be an option.

My ex wife was an amazing house keeper. Problem is I never got the damn thing back.
 19 February 2010 01:20 PM

ectophile

You might be better off with a reel of coaxial cable and a masthead amplifier at the aerial end.

S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 20 February 2010 05:53 PM

davidgrant00

Careful, if you radiate a signal in the broadcast bands, with or without amplification, you may need a licence.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.