Increase font size
Topic Title: New customer wanting travel rate and working rate
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01 February 2013 02:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 February 2013 02:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DOUGIE1000

Anyone been asked for this before.

Asked for a quote for hourly rate when working and a driving hourly rate,

Works seems to be all over Scotland and also all over Midlands upwards.

There is no room to ask for a pence per mile as its a quote tender sheet and asking for hourly rates exc vat for driving. Mmmm was thinking like £24+vat as this would equal about £0.40 a mile if travelling at maximum 60mph.

-------------------------
Dougie
Power Plus Electrical.co.uk

My mission is to live as long as possible......so far so good!
 01 February 2013 02:51 PM

OMS

Do you drive around for free normally then Dougie. ?

I accept your travelling may will be in your rate (probably) but keep in mind how the tender will be evaluated.

Somewhere the client will probably have a little model of an anticipated working week - so X many hours of working time at say 8 locations - and Y many hours of driving time to get between these notional jobs.

If you leave your day rate high and your travel rate low, that will act against you depending on what ratio of work to travel the client has in mind.

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
 01 February 2013 02:59 PM

DOUGIE1000

The works are weeks apart, and is almost defintyl long motorway driving. The works can be as little as a hour on site right through to two days.

Our jobsheets when filling out completed works ask for time travelling from office to job and we charge one way travelling only, works well on several jobs in same town as we charge travel from office to job on every visit regardless of two jobs are in same street even.

Unfortunately contract states no subcontractors or could have got someone local to each job to complete works.

Dougie
Power Plus Electrical.co.uk

My mission is to live as long as possible......so far so good!
 01 February 2013 04:05 PM

sparkingchip

I have been considering travel issues and how it can actually make me look very cost effective. Don't forget tolls and ferries!

There is no real difference from Worcester to the west side of the Severn Bridges, through the forest takes a extra twenty minutes to going straight down the motorway and turning right by Bristol, but saves a £12.40 toll in a van. Bearing in mind as well the toll is only charged one way, it is £12.40 to save 20 minutes driving on a round trip.

I can't believe you'll get across Scotland without ferries and/ or tolls at some point.

Andy
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.