Increase font size
Topic Title: solar water heater
Topic Summary: Life cycle cost on solar water heater
Created On: 31 January 2013 03:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 31 January 2013 03:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rezabeeharry

Hi everybody.
I have a query on life cycle cost .Actually,my son is doing his final project on solar water heater at University and he is having some queries and I would be pleased if you can help us because he has to submit his project soon and is having difficulties in getting info on these topics:
1)How to do a life cycle cost according to ISO 14040,year 2006 and ISO 14044,year 2006 on
(i) solar water heater
(ii) electric water heater
(iii) gas water heater

Can anybody please help

Thank you in advance
Reza
 31 January 2013 05:11 PM

OMS

Well the starting point will be a look through the standards, I presume he has an Athens or similar access to standards - the first is a document that covers framework and principles, the second covers the requirements and guidelines.

Basically, your son will need to frame the life cycle and define what parameters to look at - they will probably be

Capital Cost - this also captures embedded energy

Maintenance cost - this will also capture maintenance energy expended

Potential repair

predicted life

energy consumed

energy saved against a baseline

disposal and decommissioning

Replacement

For the three options, this should start to show which is the most "environmental" in terms of the period of the life cycle analysis (LCA). Focus the effort on ISO 14044 would be my advice

Regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
 01 February 2013 02:34 AM

rezabeeharry

Dear Sir

Thank you very much for the advice.

However, do you have some examples (word, pdf) on how to calculate a Life Cycle Cost (LCC) of a solar, electric and gas water heater according to the ISO 14044 which include some or all of the parameters such as capital cost, etc.

Thank you for your consideration.

Reza
 01 February 2013 08:06 PM

perspicacious

"final project on solar water heater at University and he is having some queries and I would be pleased if you can help us because he has to submit his project soon"

"However, do you have some examples (word, pdf) on how to calculate a Life Cycle Cost (LCC) of a solar, electric and gas water heater according to the ISO 14044 which include some or all of the parameters such as capital cost, etc."

Would this be the project given last October and counts towards his degree to be awarded this coming June?

Regards

BOD
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.