Increase font size
Topic Title: filing in napit notification
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12 November 2012 09:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12 November 2012 09:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wylexman

evening all,
im filing out my first napit notification im doing the one using wizard, it asks for installation contact is that my name and number and dispatch name would be the client,
many thanks.
 12 November 2012 09:47 PM

stateit

Nope - it's customer / person ordering work.

eg Office of housing association asks me to work at one of their properties.

Address of work = property worked at.
Installation contact = person ordering work.

May or may not be same address

-------------------------
S George
http://www.sg-electrical.com
 12 November 2012 09:47 PM

Zs

Wylexman,

I suggest you use the single page notification if you are not already doing so, it is a button at the top of the wizard page and a much quicker way of spending your credits.

The contact is the client, so Mr J Bloggs for example. then you will be asked for the dispatch adress which is where the certificate will be sent to.

This is very important: If you have not been paid then the adress for the certificate to be sent to is yours, and then you deliver it to them
Certificates are a form of gold-dust.

Also worth noting that each separate task notified burns another credit so be careful not to pad out your list if you can economise. Some of the titles are ambiguous and you might get away with 1 x notification for a special location alteration instead of 3 x notifications for what you actually did to that circuit.

At the end of your notification you will see a page that tells you the local authority will be notified on Saturday. Worth printing that page as your evidence of notification.

If you put a job down by accident which is not notifiable it will tell you and you may delete it. I often do this and then print the refusal page to show to clients. Not much is notifiable these days.

Welcome to NAPIT

Zs
 12 November 2012 09:50 PM

Cremeegg

From memory the installation contact is your clients details and you can specify where you want the notification to go to - usually the clients site address.

NAPIT & anything IT are not happy bedfellows - their notification system is rather old and clunky but it does the job. Look forward to hearing from you on the NAPIT forum.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.