IET logo

IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Part P Notification
Topic Summary: What’s the procedure for compliance?
Created On: 09 May 2010 12:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09 May 2010 12:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

simtan

Just finished a job that falls under part P (external socket circuit). Notified the LABC about two days before I started (via a vague website form), but was just wondering what happens next? Tried to get some info from the council when I finally found a number to ring, but nobody knew the procedure, or has got back to me, and that was about three weeks ago!

I'm doing this job for my NICEIC DI application, but does anybody come out, and what do I pay and to whom?
 09 May 2010 01:21 PM

rocknroll

Originally posted by: simtan

Just finished a job that falls under part P (external socket circuit). Notified the LABC about two days before I started (via a vague website form), but was just wondering what happens next? Tried to get some info from the council when I finally found a number to ring, but nobody knew the procedure, or has got back to me, and that was about three weeks ago

I'm doing this job for my NICEIC DI application, but does anybody come out, and what do I pay and to whom?

Normally the procedure is, you fill in the online form, print it off and send it with the appropriate fee to your LABC, so they will have no record of your application, this procedure saves time otherwise we would have to send you the form then you send it back etc; etc; apart from a few independent BC's I am not aware of any that do registration and payment online at the moment.

Print out a form from your LABC website, take it to the office tomorrow with a fee from the customer and your test certificate, you may be lucky and have the fee waived and a cup of coffee and biscuit to boot.

Whois your LABC.?

regards

-------------------------
"Take nothing but a picture,
leave nothing but footprints!"
"Oh! The drama of it all."
"You can throw all the philosophy you like at the problem, but at the end of the day it's just basic electrical theory!"
 09 May 2010 04:39 PM

simtan

The LABC is Cornwall Council. I filled in a 'Notification of commencement of work' form and submitted it online (when I finally found it). Didn't mention anything about printing it off? Might be worth popping in their office next week for that cup of coffee and biscuit!
 09 May 2010 05:21 PM

Legh

If you didn't know what the fee was, because, I assume, that LBC didn't tell you to
1/ print off a copy and then post it or
2/ give a pricing structure and
3/ there was no way to pay on-line then

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm sure they will be in touch to help you with the extraction of your cash
and provide tea and biscuits

I have never known a local council to provide Tea and Biscuits or is this a new regime?

but then, I suppose, Its a bit like giving blood

Legh

Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
 09 May 2010 06:01 PM

simtan

Thanks guys for the advice.

What I shall probably do is fill out the form again and try and print it off without submitting, then take the test certificate & payment (a fist full of cash), and pop into their office. But there will probably be some daft regulation that says I cant do this!

There was no option to pay on line, just submit a form with the briefest of details. I didn't even get an email confirmation with any reference number or anything?

If the LABC don't know their own procedure, how am I supposed to know!
 09 May 2010 06:15 PM

rocknroll

There are 6 areas in Cornwall and we at WDBC are partnered with one of them, here is the form for you to fill in and the cost should be £64.63.

PDF:
http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/ido...44adfb482f&version=-1

Word:
http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/ido...44adfb482f&version=-1

My advice to you is look at the bottom of the form for your area and telephone that office tomorrow before you send in the form as they may accept self-certification on receipt of a copy of your electrical installation certificate, what that means is there will be no inspection and the fee is waived.

The Admin assistant may decide as it is after the fact to request a Regularisation Notice, the fee for this should be £66.00

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/ido...e2e626230e&version=-1

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/ido...8007ac124d&version=-1

regards

"Take nothing but a picture,
leave nothing but footprints!"
"Oh! The drama of it all."
"You can throw all the philosophy you like at the problem, but at the end of the day it's just basic electrical theory!"
 09 May 2010 06:36 PM

simtan

Many thanks rocknroll. Printed and filled in form ready for tomorrow!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.